Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Catching up on lost time!!



It was my first morning home after being gone for 4 weeks!! I think even though I had been home the whole night before the kids still felt like it wasn't real. Because when they all woke up they didn't even come looking for me or fuss! (Which was nice since I had been up with the baby through the night.) But once I came out of my room it was like they went, "Oh yeah!!! Mommy is home!! They all swarmed me right here in front of our basement door, and wouldn't move an inch. We hung out right here in this spot, just like this for almost an hour...no exaggeration!!
Here was another lesson that God had showed me; My family didn't really need me. God showed me that in my absence He could move in the hearts of others to provide for my family and care for my children, just as good as I probably could, some maybe even better!! But my family wanted me. With my faults and failures, the good days and the bad, I was their mommy and they loved me! And boy did I feel the confirmation of that this very morning. As I saw
three precious children be fully entertained and content in spending an hour doing much of nothing but just being by me!!

No comments: